Tarte's Gorgeous Getaways Portable Palette Set

Before the end of the month of October, also known as breast cancer awareness month. I wanted to talk pink. Anything pink, I really adored this color as a fall/winter color since I noticed there was a quite amount of pink designs in fall/winter collections. To be honest, I don't know what I want to talk about. the things I own in pink are almost zero except for some PJ's (yes, It's not my kinda color).

Last week my sister (which doesn't live in the U.S.) asked me to buy Tarte's Gorgeous Getaways Portable Palette Set for her. I knew about this Ulta exclusive set for sometime, I just doesn't see myself buying it for the same old reason: I almost have zero social engagements in here. Plus, I don't wear makeup on daily basis. 



The other day I went to Ulta to buy the set for her. Seriously, this is a BARGAIN. I'm not going to write all the details here, because you can read it all in Ulta's website, or search for it on Youtube (for some reviews with swachs).  Briefly, it has 16 eyeshadows, 4 blushes and 3 lip glosses plus portable compact you can put any one of the four palettes that came with the set (every palette comes with four eyesahadows and one blusher). My sister asked me to play with the set to show her the colors and the quality of the products. So, since it's not quite a pink set (it has Tarte's signture purple packaging). I thought why not to do something pink, I remembered this pink editorial in October's issue of Allure magazine. In fact, it was an fashion edit, but I liked the very pinky blushed cheeks. So, I tried to recreate the makeup with this set. I will list everything I used in this set down below. Also, I will explain where I used it:

First, I put some primer, and used a foundation with a velvety finish. I done some very good concealing under my eyes and on any blemishes. 

On the eyes: I used Grand Canyon over the whole lied, tail the eyebrows. Over the Grand Canyon I used Belgian Chocolate in the lied I also winged it out and used it under the eyes too. Near the lash line I used the golden shade Pacific Sunset. Then, in the inner corners I used Gold Coast. Of course, I used mascara (a natural looking one), but there is no mascara included in the set. 

On the cheeks: I used no bronzer. Also, there is no contouring whatsoever (as I can see from the picture). However, I used two blushes. I applied the pinkest shade of the whole set Light Hearted lightly, almost over the whole cheeks. then I used Spontaneous (more of a coral shade) on the apples of my cheeks. Also, I put some highlighter on the cheek bones. 

On the lips: I used a nude lipliner then I topped it with Czech Me Out (one of the lip glosses that came with the set).

All and all, I loved the finishing look. I defiantly, will recreate a more wearable version of it in, the future (mainly, less blusher). More importantly, I'm in love with this set. It's a shame that I really don't need it. But if you are looking for a set it has everything you want (eyeshadows and blushes wise). Then go and buy it, it is gorgeous. Moreover, it is insanely inexpensive considering what are you going to have in this set. Do I mentioned it is limited edtion?!! Well, yes it is. So, if you want to gift it or buy it fir yourself  be awere it may gone by now.


  • Gorgeous Getaways Portable Palette Set  by Tarte on Ulta store's and Ulta.com for $48.00

No comments:

Post a Comment