The Other Uses of Setting Powder

I'm not a powder girl by any means, for several reasons. Mainly, because I like dewy looking skin. And secondly, I don't wanna bother by adding yet another step to my makeup routine. However, I happen to have a finishing powder. 
Last summer Sephora offered a set of deluxe samples of Tarte's most popular products as part of their reward program. Which includes TARTE Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder. Until this day I only used it three times or less. To be honest, I don't know how good it is, because you know I don't care for powder in general. 


The other night we were going to Target about 9 p.m. Yes, Target is our friend in here, we do visit it almost any time. Never mind, at that time I wanted to add some color to my lips. I don't know about you, but for me it's just normal to go with no makeup in my face but some lipstick. I wanted plumy lips, but the only plum lip product I have in this color is  Jordana Twist & Shine Balm Stain However in Cranberry Crush. I wanted the color, but I didn't want the shine. I was digging a stained lips. So, I decided to do some experiment. I pulled out my Tarte powder and dap a tiny bit in a small brush over my lips which I already used the Jordana balm stain over them. The powder took the shine right away. But left a very beautiful stain without giving me a dry looking lips. The thing I liked most is that after three hours the color is still there, looking good, even with me drinking coffee and not really been careful with my lips. I mean I bite my lips quite often, and I probably did it many times during these three hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment