Dupes?

Long time no see. Well, life happens and you kinda need to deal with it sometimes. I went back home and stayed there for a month (per usual).  And as tradition I've being following the past three years. I had to order some stuff in order to get exited when I get back to "my" home. 


I know Youtube now flooded with Elf/ High end dupes. However, I don't remember seeing anyone talking about these two products; IT Cosmetics Tightline Mascara and Elf Bare Lash Tint. I don't know how many times I've mention the love I have to IT Cosmetics Tightline Mascara (I'm sure it was in my 2014 favorites). But for $24 to this tiny thing; I had to question if I'm in a healthy relationship?!! Thankfully Elf clearly was thinking the same. For only $4 I had to try it to see if I can save the $20 to do something better (sushi roll for example). 

When I order the mascara from Elf's website my first concern was: is it going to be as thin as the IT Cosmetics one? As you can see from the picture, they are almost identical. The IT Cosmetics one is a bit bendy (you know when you have a toddler makeup artist). 
Another concern; I have never tried an Elf mascara before, but another women in my family had tray. And the feedback wasn't encouraging. Most said they smudge after just few minutes from applying. I don't think this is the case with this one (at least not for me). They only cone; is when compering the two packaging you can see that the tube in the IT Cosmetics is more slim, which doesn't allow mascara wand to grab much product. Clearly Elf thought of this issue. They've made the opining narrow from the inside. But still; you can see there will be more product specially on the top of the wand. 
Talking about the product itself; as the IT Cosmetics one, I didn't expect it to hold the curl. It gives the illusion of a thicker eyelashes in very natural way (if worn alone). And it kinda replace the horrifying procedure of tight lining, when used as primer to another mascara (I think it's great for layering). 
Bottom line; Yes, I can save myself $20 and get tempura shrimp sushi roll. You can find e.l.f. Beautifully Bare Lash Tint Mascara HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment