BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal

Let's talk about BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector shall we? I don't know about you, but I'm sucker for good highlighting. Though, I believe it is one of the last beauty product I've been introduced to. I know, surprise, putting in mind I am an old makeup lover. And properly I was going to die without knowing how Natalia Vodianova managed to look so damn good with her ever glowing skin. Thankfully, we have Youtube and Lisa Eldridge to let me know there is a magical thing called "highlighter". 

Really, I have no clue what to buy or what is the best. Since I can get BECCA back where I was living. And it almost cost three times the original price cost if I order it online. So, I chose from what I have, and what I have back then pretty much are: Makeup Forever and Benefit. 
I knew I didn't like the Benefit ones (they have many choices). Don't ask me why? I don't even remember now. So, I ended up getting the Makeup Forever one. Briefly, my story with it is: I felt no matter how much I put on my face, it disappears. I know, #SadStory. And all this happened before I decided to become cruelty free. Also, before I decided to become a cruelty free consumer, I bought Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Vegas. I know Physicians Formula is a cruelty free, but at the time I was looking for a "wallet friendly option". I didn't think much about animals and environment. Don't get me wrong I love my Physician Formula Strips, but still it is "shimmer" not a subtle highlighter I would use to achieve a "dewy" looking skin. 

My sister had the infamous The Balm  Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter. I tried it, it was good, but I don't think it is for my olive skin (personal opinion). Well, obviously I didn't get it. Also, I didn't get BECCA's because you know it is so bloody expensive. It is $41 for 1.7oz. But yes thanks for Lisa Eldridge AGAIN it was always in my wishlist. Weeks ago, we order new perfume for my husband from Sephora.com and there was a code to get free deluxe sample with any $25 purchase (I think it is still going) use OPAL in checkout.  Let me put it this way: yes, it is expensive. However, I will be happy to pay this much for this highlighter (yes it is that much good). Though, I wish if they have it in different sizes (I would buy the sample size if it was for sale). First, I have to say its not shimmery whatsoever, very natural looking. If you are looking for shimmer, this is definitely not for you. I don't know what it is, but it gives the skin a very dewy, very healthy looking skin. When you put it, it does reflect the light very beautifully. As I said I tried it in the shade Opal which is (I think) suits my skin tune very well. Also it comes with three other different shades. Just to know I didn't try the other shades. I will list a link down below (as usual). By the way checkout my Luvocracy HERE.



  • Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips $11.99 for 0.3oz on Drugstore.com
  • The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter $24.00 for 0.3oz on Beauty.com
  • BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector $41.00 for 1.7oz on Sephora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment