Basil Sausage Blankets

Finally, I came around and completed this post. I know, this isn't a proud moment. But eventually this post is happening. If you don't know by now, I do know how to cook. Maybe it's not my favorite activity, but I believe I'm a decent cook. Saying that, I have to admit if I must cook, I love short cuts. And easy-made meals. So, this is my super easy good party/snack food. 


If you may remember, months ago; I posted about Jamie Oliver's cook books. Maybe he's not the most sophisticated chef out there, but who want sophistication when the food is delicious and good? Not me, I'm fine with my homy food. 
When of the best recipes I've learned from Mr Oliver is: Pizza Dough. His recipe is just like you finest pizzeria pizza. So, I used his pizza dough recipe to do these basil sausage blankets. Here is the recipe, for one pack of sausage I used 1/4 the ingredients he used. And it was just perfect to cover the whole package. 

Pizza Dough

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cups fine ground semolina flour
  • Teaspoon sea salt 
  • Tablespoon dried yeast
  • Teaspoon sugar
  • 1 cup lukewarm water


To Make the Dough 
1. Put the flour and salt on a mixer, or you can use your hands just make sure it's a clean surface. Add your yeast and sugar to the lukewarm water in small jar, mix up and leave for a few minutes, then pour into the well.
2. Add the water to the mixer and use slow speed. When the dough become harder you can either raise the speed a bit. Or take it out and use your hands (also, in a clean surface).
3. Knead the dough by rolling it backward and forward, using your left hand to stretch the dough toward you and your right hand to push the dough away from you at the same time. Repeat this for 10 minutes, until you have a smooth, springy, soft dough.
4. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let double in size for about 45 minutes.

Meanwhile, bring your sausage (maine are Trader Joe's sweet basil pesto) cut your sausage into 1 1/2". Or your desired length. And preheat your oven to 500°F .

When your dough doubled take your dough, dust your surface and the dough with a little flour or semolina, and roll it out into a rectangle about 0.5cm/ 0.20"  thick. Cut the dough to 1 1/2x 3 1/2" ribbons and  wrap your sausages.
Leave it in the oven for about 10 minutes or until it has golden ages. Bring your favorite marinara sauce. Dip & Enjoy.

Now I know why I kept postponing this post. God, writing recipes is so hard and unenjoyable. Nonetheless, it's easy delicious food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment