Highlight In a Budget (Physician Formula Shimmer Strips)

If my love for highlighting doesn't show in my BECCA post. I tell you know: In my book a good highlighter can elevate any makeup from "meh" to "woow" level. 


Yes, I love BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector, but the price is a little insane. At least for me, I can't justify buying it with my almost zero social engagements.  Before, I had my deluxe sample from BECCA's highlighter I was looking for a drugstore option, which will work with my olive skin tone. I don't know how I found these Physician Formula Shimmer Strips. I think I was looking for something from this brand to try and here I am, in front of a drugstore highlighter looks very much like the infamous Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick. I never had this (even before I decided to become a cruelty free). I swatch it many times in Bobbi Brown's stores/counters but as always the price tag wasn't something I would call wallet/ pocket friendly. So, for about $13 the shimmer strips were there waiting for me to try some drugstore highlighter and to try some of Physician Formula's products. 
I really don't know why I end up picking the shade "Vegas". I remember not wanting something with pink strip in it. Also, I think I was wanting to try "Riviera"  but maybe I couldn't found it in the Walmart near me. So, I picked Vegas which is described as a "light" bronzer in Physician Formula's website. Furthermore, you can use these strips as an eyeshadow too. To be honest, I rarely use it as an eyeshadow, but sometimes I use the lightest shade to brighten the inner corner of my eyes. My lack of usage as an eyeshadow not because I don't think they don't work as an eyeshadow, I just forget about it most of the times. 


Here is the swatches for the five shades in the Vegas strips. For highlighting, I use mix of second and the third shades (from the top). I do think the two darkest shades are beautiful for tanner skin tone. the lightest shade is a bit too light for my skin tone, but as I said earlier it works very well as  an inner corner eyeshadow. 
For applying the highlighter I use this fan brush I got from  Jo-Ann. It has a synthetic hair. It is from the art supply section very soft and affordable. And most importantly i find it has the perfect size I was looking for.  

  • Physician Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush & Eye Shadow in Vegas for $12.95
  • Loew Cornell Soft Comfort Brush-2 Taklon Fan for $2.19 in Shop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment