Double Cleansing

Often I've been asked by female relatives and friends, who knows that I'm into makeup: Isn't makeup bad for your skin? My answer always: no it's not, if you take it off before going to bed. And by saying "taking it off" I mean completely. And this can only be done by cleansing. No wipes, and absolutely no toners. (Toners aren't for removing makeup). Disclaimer: I'm no dermatologist or skincare expert. I only do appreciate  skincare who love to read and try skincare related stuff.  


This is what I do when I wear makeup, which you may know, I don't wear in a daily basis. Some call it double cleanse, I call it the proper way to assure that there is no makeup/ dirt/ excess oil left. And you have clean surface for the rest of your night skincare routine. So, for the first part of the "double" cleansing process is:


  1. First, wet your hands, add few drops of any oil you like (I used to use almond, not I'm using jojoba oil) into your palms. Smooth over your face so it’s completely covered, then massage it for a few minutes.
  2. Meanwhile, soak a clean washcloth in a hot water. Squeeze out the excess water. Then cover your whole face with it.
  3. While the washcloth on your face, massage gently, specially around your eyes area (where makeup is harder to remove). And voila you have "almost" a clean face. 

A said "almost" because I love to remove any oil residue on my face, some people don't mind it, but as I said before, I like to apply toners, serums oils on a clean surface. For the next step of the double cleansing thing I use one of those "soapy" type of cleanser with the super in konjac sponge. Which is a very simple step:


  1. First, damp your konjac sponge, until it double in size, and become soft (main is from this store on Amazon
  2. Apply your favorite cleanser all over your face, I'm using now Alba Botanica - Hawaiian Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser (it's nice and not harsh, I won't repurchase just because I want to try new things). 
  3. Then, again with the sponge massage in a circular motions. This will help to boost the microcirculation and flush new blood with fresh oxygen into your skin which give you that healthy glow.
  4. Rinse with water, I prefer cold-ish water to tighten my pores (this is what I prefer to believe) 
Hope this was helpful, or as always at least enjoyable. P.S. I'm using my foldio light box here, and I'm super happy with it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment