Lice Happened

I know, there are certain subjects you just rather not to admit that you've been through. I don't like to. However, I think well, since it did happen I'd rather to find the help I want. So, this one is for those who's being in the same place I've been in. 


I don't know where or when or who when all this lice situation started. But one day (eventually) I found out (since my daughter and I started to feel itching in our scalps every other second). And I needed to address the problem. First, I couldn't trace the problem. We've been traveling a lot the last couple of months. And stayed in different places and met so many people. So, the only thing I was able to do is; Fighting the evil within, regardless where did it come from. 
  • First step was sterilize every brush, hair band  and pins in boiling water. 
  • Eliminate the things that should come in contact with your head. For example, I used only one pillow. any other pillow went to the washer. 
  • I didn't want to use lice shampoo right away since it contains harsh chemicals. And it may hurt my LG. So, I searched for natural remedies. 3/4 teaspoon of tea tree oil and 2 spoons of sweet almond oil (you can use olive oil too). Apply this in the bathroom (if you have more than one, try to use only one to keep things under control). Leave this oil combination over night. And meanwhile comb the hair. comb as much as you can. And when you think you comb enough, Just comb even more. Also, do it all in the bathroom to keep under control, and to be able to clean easily. Try to wash the comb after everytime you find any lice or if you can any lice eggs. If you know how to kill lice or the eggs do it. For me I feel safer. I put the lice on my thumb nail. Then with my other thumb nail I squeeze it between my thumb nails tail I hear that satisfying tick. After I'm finished with all the combing thing, I sterilize the combs in boiling water too. 
  • I kept doing the same procedure everyday.  
  • Every single piece of clothing or bedding/ throw/ blanket went to the washer, every day. 


Week later, I can say it's completely gone. I keep checking every now and then, because you know, you can't trust these monsters not showing again. It's defiantly not a fun experience. It was very stressful. And I think I was easily upset. Lice is bad, and it's hundred times worst with toddler who won't cooperate with your efforts to get rid of these evil creature. But thankfully these tools was very helpful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment