Summer Treats for Less, Natural & Cruelty Free

After watching Ruth Crilly (Model Recommends) using YSL Marrakesh Sunset Eye Palette, I really wanted to do smokey purpley eyes. Regardless the fact that I don't want to buy any makeup that has been tested on animals, I've always finds that Yves Saint Laurent makeup is insanely expensive. So, my mission was to find alternative (I can't say dupe. I didn't try the YSL one, and I'm not an expert in makeup by any means). 



What I was looking for (besides it has to be cruelty free). Is a platte with (purple, peachy pink and gold). Well, I tried to find something similar in some drugstore brands, such as: Physician Formula, Wet n Wild and Black Radiance but I found nothing. When I stopped searching (as always) I saw Pacifica’s Enlighten Eye Brightening Shadow Palette. As a makeup lover I was very happy. It seems like a discovery for me. And I start to think when I'm going to stop by Target. I have to grab one before it will vanish (I've always believed that if I want something I'll never find it).


The quad has four shades (the YSL one has five shades), and they are made from natural minerals  The Pacifica one has almost the same colors minus the brown.  I didn't recreate Ruth's look. Just because when I'm not going out I don't feel wearing any makeup, because I'm too lazy to remove it. However, I swatch it on my hand (and blend it too). and they were very beautiful, very pigmented. I totally fall in love with purple one. It has the name Urchin and they described it as "an iridescent jeweled purple with gold tones". The other colors are equally beautiful. The gold has a bit of shimmer in it. The peachy coral has a satin finish. And the champagne/nude one is a matte shade perfect for the inner corner. 

It retails for $14.00 on Pacifica's website. But now it's $10.79 on Target for limited time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment